Myers Planning Group – Town Planner (Part-time)
Myers Planning Group is south-west Victoria’s leading planning consultancy providing specialist services to a growing client base throughout the region. We are seeking a Town Planner to join our busy planning team. The position will initially be a part-time role (2-3 days per week) with scope to increase hours over-time.
As a Town Planner, you will undertake the following:
- Provide advice to a range of clients including landowners and developers.
- Undertake research and analysis of sites and planning issues, interpret planning provisions and potential implications, analyse plans and specialist reports, identify approval pathways and processes.
- Manage small to medium sized projects.
- Work across a wide range of projects and services across the organisation’s diversified service areas.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someonewho thrives working in a collaborative environment andshares our passion for planning.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- A tertiary qualification in planning or related degree/discipline (essential).
- 3+ years planning experience (local government experience is desirable).
- Current knowledge of the Victorian planning system.
- The ability to build rapport with clients and other team members easily.
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound report writing skills.
- Effective planning and organising skills.
- A cooperative and flexible approach to working with other team members.
- A professional commitment to striving for excellence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and MapInfo (desirable).
Salary package will be negotiated with the successful candidate based on qualifications, skills and relevant experience.
If this sounds like you, please email a cover letter and CV to Steve Myers – email@example.com